Message From The College Chaplain
As for the college, I am in charge of all spiritual matters concerning the college. In this college we have two major departments these are: the department of divinity and the department of education, and I am in charge of both departments.
EKIC being a Christian college needs the services of a chaplain so that students and the college fraternity may be endowed with spiritual nourishment. The spiritual welfare and wellbeing of the college is based on biblical foundation.
My roles and duties includes the following functions:
- 1. Praying, encouraging and exhorting all those in problems or those faced by challenges
- 2. Organizing the whole college for prayer sessions.
- 3. Planning and producing either termly or annual programme of worship which is a daily service beginning from Monday to Friday.
- 4. Planning and programming Sunday worships which are organized every Sunday.
- 5. Giving formal and informal advice and guiding the students on their spiritual growth and welfare, whether they belong to the ABC church, the protestant, the catholic or any other denomination or religion.
- 6. Encouraging, admonishing and exhorting students who are members of the various spiritual groups in the college such as the Christian union and the choir members although they have their patrons who are in charge of such societies.